Monday, August 8, 2011

Those Rare Gems in Life

The temperature in this room has bipolar disorder. Hot, cold, hot, cold. Maybe it is me and the xanax that has gotten me through the week. (hey, judge if you want. My name is on the bottle :)

Everyone is afraid to come into our room. We have had two nurses that come in and actually don't act they want to run out the door. Cherie~ she has two children that  have had open heart surgery. She was also our nurse when I had a very verbal altercation with a rather bitchy pulmonologist. She has been super nice and deserves one of those GEM type thingys. The other nurse was Brandy~ she was super nice, but she was also super pregnant and I worried everytime she came in wearing that oxygen reducing N95 mask.

We have had a few visitors. There are no words that can begin to express the infinite gratitude I feel towards those people. Bobbie and her daughter Sara brought Ollie toys to play with and let me run out and get some breakfast. This after she worked all night. The next day my Mom came and hung out with us for awhile all the way from Elizabeth City! Right after she left, in walked Kyle and Kathy. OMG~ how unexpected that was! They even said they refused to call me for directions that way it would be a surprise! I love those guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment