Sunday, August 7, 2011

Isolation Sucks!!

A few things happen when you aquire a communicable disease that scares the hell out of everyone in society:

 Everyone wants to know if THEY are at risk, and should THEY get tested.  And then they want to ask you a bunch of stupid ass questions that accomplish much of nothing because most of them can't be answered yet by me anyway. Really, I don't care. I will be honest. My son has tuberculosis, end of story. (but if it makes some of you feel better, it is almost impossible for a baby to transmit the tuberculosis bacteria). I was told by the doctor today that when all is said and done it is most certainly an adult who gave it to him. So maybe YOU are the one that passed it to HIM.

The second amazing thing that happens is;

 You are carefully, and at times, not so carefully reminded that you are no longer the one in charge. Your child has a "communicable disease". The health department takes over. There are laws that govern your ability to freely move around in society like a normal person. And if you break those laws, you will got to jail. It has happened....google it. Someone will come to our house to give him his TB medication. I never handle those drugs and if I were to wake up an obstinent bitch one day and try to refuse then they simply take him away and give him to someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment