Monday, August 1, 2011

How I got here.....

Months of being sick. Well he just has bad asthma. Well now he has pneumonia. Well that antibiotic didn't work, here's another. Well he looks ok, so he will continue to improve. Well he doesn't look sick, so he's fine. Of course we won't do that test. Why are you bringing him to the doctor all the time for a cough. There is nothing else we can do for him.

Yeah, yeah, most people know my struggle, they have been listening to me bitch about it for months. Nothing new and different here.

So I have this friend named Kellie, who has a friend who is a pediatrician,  I thought here is a string to pull and I am pulling it! So I asked to get him to just listen to our story and not push me off like our 2 ED visits and multiple office visits. He was reassuring that we would figure this out. All the chips were in his basket, but I had zero faith we would be taken any more seriously.
What happened next was amusing. And I thought maybe sometimes doctors just like to throw out curve balls to entertain themselves. So............he gave Ollie a PPD test; which checks for mycobacterium antibodies in the blood. That means tuberculosis.

No comments:

Post a Comment