Monday, August 15, 2011

Monday Afternoon in the Twilight Zone

There is a certain level of "I have lost some of my marbles" that has become comfortable. I don't remember much of anything, it's like I developed severe ADD within a few days. I can remember that you spoke to me, I can even picture what you looked like when you said it, but I have no idea WHAT you said. And really, odds are, I probably don't care. I have grown accustomed to having lost a certain portion of my mind, in fact I think it is quite fun. I think it will be ok, and I think I will get it back. But maybe right now it is best gone. I often just want to punch somebody and maybe the part of my brain that is gone is the part that allows me to act on that desire......So losing your marbles may be a good thing.

Tomorrow is the first of our monthly eye exams. An eye exam on a 19 month old should be a true joy. Luckily my kids have an excellent eye doctor and I have faith in her ability. I also got an appointment letter for the Infectious Disease doctor in the mail a few days ago, for next week. Then I need to talk to his pediatrician about these labs that the pulmonologist wanted, but that the health dept said they won't do, because it's not in their "protocol". The nurse said if his eyes turn yellow or he starts to look jaundiced then they will do labs.....well we can all agree it will be a little late by then.

I have on multiple calenders that I am supposed to work the night before his ID appt. It has been stressing me out. HOWEVER, I can not find any evidence that I am supposed to be at work that night on the actual work schedule. Yet another example of Sylvia losing her mind. Ironically, I keep having dreams that I have lost my shoes.  No kidding.



No comments:

Post a Comment